Saturday, February 5, 2011

Angels... and no this is not about me! :)

My two Aunts are down from North Carolina Bendy (aka Belinda) and Melissa we pronounce her name Ma-lisa. They are my dad's much younger sisters. We have a lot of fun with them both, they are huge cutups and I laugh about the entire time we are around them. Me and Brandi took turns cooking - I cooked ribs and she cooked stakes. We have spent the last two nights at Brandi's playing cards and stuffing our faces.

Melissa had an angel that she had given to my Memaw (my great grandmother) when she was a kid (her grandmother) that had passed away years ago. She ask my uncle Bud to give it to me so I could mail it to her in N.C. She bugged me to death about mailing that thing to her!! So I decided it would be much more fun to dress the Angel up, take pictures of it on special holidays and send Melissa pictures!!! lol Oh, my goodness it was so much fun. It drove her crazy! It kinda became a big family joke.. Unfortunately, I did send it back home with her this trip although I was tempted to torment her with it a little while longer.

Maw-maw seems to be doing some what better, I know it's going to take a long time for her to completely recover from this. She has her good days and her bad. Most of her time is spent in the bed or her wheelchair. She can walk a little but it really wears her out. I took her some flowers today and Paizlee, Ceanna, Trent, Bendy and Melissa went to visit. It just does her so much good to be around the kids. She has always really loved kids. Anyone's kids. But Trenton is her number one man. She and him have such a bond. She kept him for me when he was little while I worked. She had lost her son Jeff in a car accident not too many years before and her and Trent just fell in love with each other! Mawmaw had made a quilt for Trenton and CeAnna with a lot of charters from the bible on it. Trenton wants his "Maw-maw cover " to this day if he gets sleepy. So sweet.


I hope you all have had a good weekend.. and I hope I get to see you all soon!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Angie! You had me fooled there for a minute when I read your title! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Dustin I felt like I needed to clarify the angel part. I knew if I didn't that all of my followers would be anticipate a blog about me :)

    ReplyDelete