Friday, May 14, 2010


Hello Bloggerheads!
So... we were driving to Rockey Branch, Wednesday night, for church. I'm sure we were driving too fast cause we were running late. We were going up the side of the mountain when we seen a young man dressed in dress clothes, walking. Obviously, he had run out of gas. His car was pulled over and his emergency lights were flashing. I said to Kevin, we should pick him up, he probably is trying to get to church. Kevin said were not going to make it to church our selves if we stop and pick that man up! I said, well at least make sure he is not somebody we know!!!
Next thing I know, I'm getting slung into my side-window as Kevin takes a sharp right and starts backing down the mountain, on the side of the road, towards oncoming traffic!!! He says do you know who that is??? I said who.... he couldn't think of his name...... meanwhile as were backing down the mountain (going the wrong direction) I look at my poor kid in the back and think.... this can't be safe!!
Kevin says, that is Shannon Fortner! I hopped out of the car and got in the back with the kids as an out of breath Shannon gets into our car. He told us he had ran out of gas and his phone had went dead. (Sounds like he has my kind of luck) He was so grateful that we had stopped. Can't say I blame him, that mountain is steep plus he was a long ways from a pay-phone! I think he even called us angels two or three times! lol. I love it when you get to meet people that you otherwise may never get a chance to talk to.
So what have we learned here?
1. Good things can come out of bad situations.
2. Never be in too big of a hurry, you could miss out!
3. If you ever run out of gas pray that I'm not the one to pick you up cause you could end up in my next blog!!! lol
I think we are going to the lake tonight. If were super lucky we will get to hear that awesome band, New Harmony! I hear they got a new CD coming out, I can't wait to get it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment