Friday, April 16, 2010

Nothing But Good




One of my friends got married last night. She had a small wedding with mostly family. I've already seen some of the pictures taken. I couldn't be more happy for them!

It made me think back in my own life. I wish I could tell you how messed up Kevin's and my life was but I don't have enough time. It would be like writing a novel or you'd feel like you were reading Dustin's blog (ha)! Just trust me when I say the Lord reached way down when he choose us. There is a song that says "He Ain't Never Done Me Nothing But Good" that is the theme song to my life. All the messes that was made, I (we-me & Kevin) made them!

When I was little, every time that I got sick and had to stay home from school, my dad (who worked 3rds and was home to take care of me) would go to the store and buy me a sick present!
My father loved to give us surprises!

In my life I feel like the Lord has showered me with surprises! One of the best surprises the Lord gave me was when he put me back together with Kevin after being apart for two years :) Not that things were instantly perfect but in time! Not that there perfect now... but close ;) I just believe that he had a plan from the beginning. I should say I know he had a plan from the beginning.

Oct. 6, 2000
This was the night before
we got married @ the
rehearsal dinner!

We all have benefited from the surprises the Lord has given us. Trenton came home just yesterday from school and told me that his teacher was telling a story in class about a woman getting stoned but that a man stopped the men about to stone her.... He said that it touched him and that he about cried in class.
Trenton loves the word of God at such a young age. He has been grounded due to grades a few times this year and he walks around with the bible in his hand when he is. I jokingly told Kevin, the other night, that Trenton sure does love the Lord...... when he is grounded! but Trenton does love the Lord and he picks up the bible and reads it because he chooses to, not because we tell him to. Trust me, putting it like that make me think that I need to be grounded for awhile!
I'm convinced that the Lord is a worker-outer, a fixer-up-er and great surprise giver!

2 comments: