Tuesday, April 13, 2010

"I'm practically royalty"

It's pretty bad when you sit down to blog about your day and your like what did I do today? My uncle Bud came and mowed our yard for us! All of our yard equipment is broken in someway. I went and ask Bud if I could borrow his ridding mower and he yelled at me saying I seen you down there with your mower trying to mow that filed (last year) you should have been bush hogging! Then he said I would have bush hogged it for you if you would have asked! and I was thinking if you were watching me why didn't you just come help me!!! That's uncle Bud for you he's a grouch but I love him! So since he didn't trust me with his mower he came mowed for me.

While he was mowing he got his mower stuck on the embankment. Trenton and I ran out there to push him backwards. The mower jumped when he gained traction and I was pushing and fell flat on my face in the ditch! Bud and Trenton got a good laugh out of that!!!


We grilled out burgers and had Bud over for dinner. Bud sat at the table telling Kevin and the kids stories about the family. I heard about how his uncles threw each other threw doors and how my great- grandpa was shot three times in his life (twice by a cop) and I was Oh, Lord Kevin is going to think I come from a bunch of rednecks!

Bud also told me that my great- great grandmother was Suzie Thompson and her brother was Arad Thompson. My great- great -great grandfather founded Arab. Arab has a statue of him in downtown and now that Bud mentions it I think the man looks a little like Brian! (lol)

I'm sure that now you know I'm practically royalty many of you are going to want to treat me as such but I insist that all you commoners treat me the same. lol Goodnight and sweet dreams!


No comments:

Post a Comment