Tuesday, August 16, 2011

"CARNATIONS??? AND I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME?"

This is an unusual occurrence. I'm sitting at my computer with a good, homemade cup  of  white chocolate, coffee beside me in a very, very, quite house. Awh, the small things - how good they can be (: Some of the preteen moms got together yesterday to reward ourselves for a Summer full of hauling little ones around. I must say, some of our moms where quite the athletes on the diving board. Nickey, Darla, Kerri, Drea, Devin and Heather where all impressive with their mad flipping abilities! You should have seen them flipping and diving!! I never knew you girls had it in you ;) We had a lot of fun, ate a lot of food and really got to be the kids for the day. I'm not sure if this is too early or not (Nickey) but I vote we do it again next year. Hopefully, all the girls who didn't get to come will be able to make it -that's the only thing that could make it any better.

So... I got woken up this morning with a birthday card from my husband. He also had a all my favorite candies in a bag. He is supper sweet and thoughtful. I've taught him well. When we first got married he had gotten me flowers for an anniversary or birthday or something. I was so mad at him - because it had carnations in it (only two in the arrangement but never the less a carnation). I had told him before that I hate carnations - I was such a brat and was so mean to him! Of course I ruined that day with my diva attitude. We now kinda have a joke about carnations. Where Kevin says to me " I'll never make that mistake again" eyeballing a flower arrangement at a funeral home that contains carnations. Of course, I feel bad about it now. Making such a big deal over nothing. I heard someone say that you grow up with your husband. It's true. Well, hopefully it's true.

I'm also excited that one of my best friends has taken off work today (for my birthday) and we are going to PFChangs for lunch! You know how much I love Japanese and I've never been before! EXCITED!!! Well, I better go start getting ready. Hope you all have a great day!



4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!! Enjoy your special day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Angie!! Have a Great Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Hope you have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my friends! Oh,and PFChangs was Chinese :)

    ReplyDelete