Monday, April 18, 2011

Something Borrowed and my weekend.

I just fished my book, Something Borrowed, in time for the weekend. Its movie release is in May (and I'm sure on DVD much later) and I wanted to let someone else borrow and read it before it came out but I have already watched the previews and fount many thing that's not in the movie.
That kinda drives me crazy. I think, I spend too much time picking out the differences vs actually enjoying the movie. The book it's self was pretty amazing. I read it in two days. It's one of those that you get nothing accomplished because you cant put it down.

This weekend was kid-appaloosa just like them all with the exception of Friday night. Friday night was special, the fam went to Chuck-E-Cheese and then to CeAnna and my favorite place to eat, Red Lobster.
We used the excuse that it was lobster fest but none of us ended up eating Lobster. We all with  the exception of Kevin ate crab legs. Kevin has a need to always try new things on the menu and it always works out for him. I try new things and its disastrous for me.
We ended up with one extra kid when we got home that night. We have just add Netflix on demand. Dalton and Trenton stayed up to almost 2:00a.m. (at which point I made them go to bed) watching movies and playing Xbox live.

Saturday was church. Sunday was clean house a little, a Glee fest, bought groceries and back to church. Kade and Dalton had spent the night.
My grandmother told me before she died that she had a dream that I had a house with windows all in the backside of it and a big mountain behind it. She said I had a yard full of kids. My sister in-law had almost the same dream and was telling me about it. I thought surly one had told the other causing the other to dream the same dream but nope, two separate dreams. I guess, I kinda always looked for that dream to come true. More like hoped. Cause, I love mountains. Maybe it's Big Cove??? I love the Big Cove area. Anyway, the kid part didn't really make to much sense until now. I do love this age. My kids are independent but yet they still need me. They have their own lives and somehow there lives are still me and Kevin. I find the way preteens think fascinating and I enjoy them. Wouldn't mind having a yard full of kids (as long as they have a home other than mine) with a nice view of the mountains.
I'm rambling.
What I'm trying to say is that I loved it when the kids were little. I had always assumed that that was as good as it gets but this is good too!

No comments:

Post a Comment