Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A bag of maggots for Christmas... but only if your really, really good!

Awhhhhh - you know that Christmas melt down I refused to have this year???..... Naw, just kidding, I'm still good! Christmas is fastley approaching and I do mean FAST-LEY! I'm still on my path of least resistance as far as the Christmas hassle goes. Looking forward to spending Christmas break with my youngens.


I was trying to think of my best childhoods memory as far as Christmas goes.
The one that stick out the most is the year I got my deluxe science kit. It had a large frog in a bag of formaldehyde in it. I can remember dissecting it and thinking "I'm probably the only girl in the world dissecting a frog on Christmas morning!"

and who can forget the year I gave TR and Terri maggots for Christmas! Yes, MAGGOTS! I always worry the most about what to get them. So one year I bought them this really nice bird feeder and like 10lbs. of birdseed. I had wrapped it weeks in advance and stuck it all under the tree. I was so excited when they were opening it until I realized the bird seed was moving and the reason it was moving..... it was full of maggots!!! I about died! TR took it like a trooper and assured me that "birds love to eat worms" and it would be fine. So the next year as they were opening their gift from us - I said "don't worry we didn't get you maggots this year!"

How is it that the things that embarrassed the most are the things we look back and and laugh the hardest at?

Oh, and while I'm telling on myself let me tell you about the year Brian (no joke) was cutting carrots for Rodolph and almost cut his finger completely off! We spent that Christmas eve in Arab ER. He got a lot of stitches in his index finger. I have a picture of him holding up the BB gun that Santa got him and it's so funny cause he has a huge bandage on his had and its covering up most of the gun.

Seriously, I hope this Christmas brings - something we will all look back on and laugh at!

No comments:

Post a Comment