Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Monopoly


Have I ever told you how much I use to love to play Monopoly? I doubt it. But I loved me sum Monopoly!
The best time to play was on cold, snowy, days. When school was canceled. That way you could play all day long (cause that's how long it takes) without being interrupted or sent to bed before you got done.
I was always the man on the horse. Most kids fight over who gets to be the car... not me... I picked the horse cause it is the tallest and easiest to move around on the board. Leave it to me, even as a child, I looked for the simplest way to do things!!!
Now my kids love it! Why does it feel so great for our kids to love the same things we did? I loved being a child of the 80's. There were so many good things that came from the 80's! I rented the Smurf's for Nana (what I call CeAnna sometimes) to watch. Monopoly and The Smurfs are not the same for me any more but my kids feel the same way as I did!

Now is the mad dash of June as what I like to call revival time! Half a week a way from ours at Huntsville. It's my spiritual Christmas! lol! It's a lot like Christmas in that it takes a lot of time and money and preparation and in the end if things are right someone will receive a gift!!! I pray this year that lots of people receive gifts!

2 comments:

  1. I loved playing Monopoly too. And your right we had so much fun in the 80s, kids today just don't enjoy the small things like we did. We used to have family night which consisted of playing games. My brother always got mad if he lost.
    Can't wait to see what's in store for our revival. Hope to see y'all at the party Friday night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trenton said something about it just before he went to bed. He is so excited! I'll probably give you a call tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete