Monday, June 28, 2010

I sound like a big wah-nanny


Life is good! My babies are back home. I know, I sound like a big wah-nanny but I don't function good when my kids are gone for more than a day. I try not to be stingy or shellfish with them but its hard. lol
Sunday we went to the church that Kevin proposed to me at. Yes, he proposed to me in a church! I know it don't seem like the most romantic spot but it was priceless. I can't hardly remember any of the words he said to me when he proposed but it was this big, long, speech that made me cry my eyes out. Of course I had no ideal he was going to ask me and I surely didn't think he would do it there. When he got down on his knee I started to bowed my head because I thought he was about to pray... lol Kevin is not a big talker (like me) but when he says things they are usually heart felt and pretty profound. Just one more thing I love about him!

Looking back at where we came from seeing how the Lord has blessed us. How he has blessed our children. How he has prospered us in so many ways, makes my heart hurt with thankfulness. So many times I have felt like saying, Lord who were we? Surly, there was someone more deserving? I know there were plenty who lived far better lives..... All I can do is live every day for him and if I live till the end of time it still won't be enough.

I'm thinking we will spend a good part of this week trying to make it to some revivals. Kevin's work hours are so random that its hard to know exactly what we will be able to do.
To all of you who have husbands that have regular hours be thankful. There is nothing worse than to have everybody and everything ready and then you get that call saying there is just no way he is going to make it home in time! I'm sure plenty of you know exactly what I'm talking about!

No comments:

Post a Comment