Monday, April 11, 2011

Boy, do I have confidence in YOU!

I'm going to tell on myself today. This is one of those embarrassing to death moments for me but I can also find the humor in it after my cheeks return to a normal shade of pink.
When I first started going to church eight years ago, Nickey Gains came up to me and said "We are having an Easter egg hunt at Goddy's Saturday you should bring your kids." I believe I even ask her if it was going to be outside.? She was like "yeah". I thought..... Saturday is one of the busiest shopping days Goddy's has.... That has got to be dangerous.... All those little kids out there hunting eggs in that parking lot....  and then I pictured them hiding eggs behind the wheels of the cars and little kids bending down to get them.... and I thought..... Man, Holiness people really trust their kid to the Lord!!!..... I'm not sure if I have that kind of faith yet.... I looked up at Nickey and said I'll think about it.

Well, I guess my faith has grown and eight years later I took my kids Easter egg hunting at Goody's Park. It was a great day.
Just so you want think I'm the meanest s-i-l in the world I did tell her I was putting this on here!




This weekend was statistic quo a lot of driving and hauling kids and a lot of church going!

2 comments:

  1. This made me laugh SOOOO hard! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!! What makes it even funnier is that Nickey called me today and was dieing laughing... She knew all about it when it happened but she is like me and has got early on set of Alzheimer. It was all new to her! Again!LOL

    ReplyDelete