Sunday, September 5, 2010

The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry


I find myself in tears this morning reading a blog I have been following. I don't really know the person who writes the blog, I more know of her. Her words of coming home empty handed after a long adoption process is heart wrenching. There is just really nothing you can say in a situation like that to give someone comfort. She had wrote about the baby not having food or toys or being clean and it reminded me of something the Lord showed me a few years ago.

I was in a store and I seen this momma screaming at her little boy.... I mean screaming!!! She was talking like a dog to her little boy in the middle of the store. Everybody was looking.
He was about three, dirty, dressed awful, cowered down in the buggy. People were staring and giving her dirty looks but this lady was out of control, she did not let up on him in the least bit. She was so loud and nasty in the way she talked it brought the worst feeling.

This little boy stayed on my mind. I thought maybe I should have said something or called the police or something.
Then it became every time I went into a store there she was with that poor little boy - mistreating him. It made me boil inside -
I started praying for him. I told the Lord that little boy would be better off without that mean old momma. I told the Lord how he could just take her and give that little boy to someone who would be good to him and would love him. He stayed on my heart and mind day and night....
but I knew that I shouldn't be praying against his mother, like I was so I went and talked to an older brother about it. I told him all about it. How the little boy was so mistreated about his mother and about the way I felt about his mother... Then he gave me some of the best advice EVER. He said you need to pray that - that little boy can endure this!
My prayer changed. I no longer prayed against his mother I simply started praying "Lord, please help that little boy to endure this"
It wasn't to much longer and I ran into them again in a store. (I know the Lord showed me this) she was talking on the phone telling someone that her little boy was in daycare and that she had gotten a job and they both looked clean and happy.
I have gotten so much out of that. I have prayed those words for myself in the middle of a trial. I have prayed those words when my heart was broken over sweet Kensley not getting to play with the other kids this Summer and feeling left out. I have prayed those words for my Blake. I prayed those words for Brother Darrin Isabel (to endure this until the Lord heals him) I know sometimes those words are the only words that will fit.
Lord help (them, me) to endure this.... sometimes.... its all you can pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment