Thursday, April 8, 2010

"For the LAST time I DID NOT RUN OVER YOUR HAMBURGER"


We live in my Nanny's house. She past away five years ago. Wow, saying five years, seems like a long time. It doesn't seem like it's been that long. Living here, makes me think of her often.

She was a larger then life character, in many ways. She was funny, witty, charming, protective, loving but if you crossed her..... Oh, Lordy! She had a fiery side to her that nobody, I know, rivals. She was one of a kind and I miss her terribly, sometimes.

I have many fond memories of her and funny stories about her, like the time she became convinced that I ran over her hamburger! You read it right, she became convinced that I ran over her hamburger!

It all started when I dropped by her house (I was about 16 or 17 years old) and her and my Papaw were fighting (typical) lol. He was gone and she was ready to eat. She sent me to Hardy's to get two burgers for us. I got my burger out of the bag when I got back to her house and took a bite. She took her burger out, unwrapped it and said..... I can't say what she said, but she was MAD!

Her hamburger buns were badly smashed! She wanted to know why her hamburger looked like that and mine didn't. WELL, I DIDN'T KNOW!!! She demanded that I drive her back up to Hardy's. Taking angry, Nanny into a public place was a big NO, NO!

Unless, your a fan of public humiliation. I happen, not to be!

She became convinced that I was guilty of something beings that I refused to take her. I don't know how she came to this conclusion but she determined, in her mind, that I had taken my car (for unknown reasons) and ran over her hamburger! The worst part... she called family members and convinced them I had ran over her hamburger!?!
Common sense people!
If you take a four ton vehicle and run over a hamburger what do you get???

A: Sloppy Joe's (no offence to sloppy Joe lovers) lol
B: A good laugh at the expense of your angry, grandmother
C: Who knows, I'm Innocent!

Ding, Ding, Ding if you choose (C) you are correct!
Just for fun (and for all those who thought I was guilty) I think I'm going to go buy a burger and run over it and post my results....

Like I said, Nanny was something else! Some people make big splashes in your life! They leave a lasting, rippling, effect long, after they are gone. Others, make little splashes and are less memorable.
Nanny was a big splashier. I want to be a big splashier! Minus the hamburg!

No comments:

Post a Comment